Monday, June 25, 2007

THE TREASURE HUNT

Yes. It is 8:18pm and I should be up vacuuming and mopping my eldest daughter's bedroom for her before her return, but I had to blog quickly.

I am notorious for spinning around in the middle of traffic to grab whatever may be in the middle of the road. It may be a rusty nail that needs to be thrown aside, a screwdriver, a bungee strap, a flashlight, a deer (yes, I'm sorry Jenn - a deer), or a turtle (OH!!! THAT POOR TURTLE DIDN'T MAKE IT EITHER!!!) I once even stopped and picked up a beaver that was dead on the side of the road, but in great shape. I took it to the DNR and then to the local taxidermist to have it stuffed for my parent's cabin. (It was said to be the largest recorded in the area's history at 84 lbs!)

Tonight it was a pair of sunglasses. I spun around through a gas station and maneuvered my way along until I reached them. Oakley!, I imagined! They were so shiny and pretty looking! Until I reached them that is. As I parked on the side of the road and darted across the highway, I was to discover that they were simply a cheap pair of scratched up shades with one arm missing. I picked them up and threw them in the car anyway. (I figured I might as well save the environment and throw them away.)

"Were they junk?", my mom asked as I called her back (because, of course, I was on the phone when I made my discovery and had to hang up quickly. This was not a first.)

"Yes! They are scratched with one arm missing! I risked my life for this!" I exclaimed.

So to all of you out there that are losing things: Could you PLEASE make sure whatever you lose is in good shape?!?

It is NOT easy work being me!

4 comments:

Angela said...

I will try to do that as long as it is not my keys or anything of value. I will lose a good pair of socks just for you. Now don’t you feel special. Yes and I will make sure they are an actual pair so you can wear them.

Ms. Skywalker said...

You picked up a dead beaver and had it stuffed?

I hardly know thee.

Northern Michigan Mom said...

A Beaver? What a woman! I will continue to leave the treasures for you!

Her Grace said...

This post cracked me up! You must need to leave early to make sure you aren't late from scouting for treasures!

I don't litter, but if I ever do in your area, I'll make sure it's quality stuff!

(Came to you through Jenn.)