Friday, June 22, 2007

ANOTHER BEAUTIFUL DAY

I woke up to blue skies and sunshine this morning. What an incredible day!

I made it to my appointment on time, visited with a hygienist that always makes me feel good about the day, had a message on my voicemail from Lance, came home to have a rewarding conversation with my dear friend B in South Carolina, and then received this from my sister!!

I foresee this day to be a great one!

Time passes
Life happens.
Distance separates.
Children grow up.
Jobs come and go.
Love waxes and wanes.
Hearts break.
Colleagues forget favors.
Careers end.
BUT - Sisters are there, no matter how much time and how many miles are between you.
A girlfriend is never farther away than you need her.
When you have to walk that lonesome valley and you have to walk it by yourself, the women in your life will be on the valley's rim, cheering you on, praying for you, pulling for you, intervening on your behalf, and waiting with open arms at the valley's end.
Sometimes, they will even break the rules and walk beside you, or come in and carry you out.
Girlfriends, daughters, sisters, sisters-in-laws, mothers, grandmothers, nieces, cousins and extended family all bless our life.
When we began this adventure called womanhood, we had no idea of the incredible joys or sorrows that lay ahead, nor did we know how much we would need each other.
Every day, we need each other still.

Thank you to all of my supporters...

4 comments:

Ms. Skywalker said...

It is beautiful out today. :)

Angela said...

It is great when the sun is shining and all is going right

Northern Michigan Mom said...

I always wanted a sister but am so thankful for such great friends!

I hope it was a great one!

wvv said...

Nice reading your blog. I am sure your yard is wonderful for all the places you have lived you have taken good care of them. I love working in the yard and to do flower and weeding,but one must remember we do it for ourself and our loved one. You are lucky to have a neighbor or two come by a say looking good,I live in the country and noone says anything(boo who)But I have learned to do it to make me happy. So keep up the good work . Maybemay someday you will pull over and pick up something real good. Good luck on your adventures.Wvv