Thursday, August 23, 2007

TRANQUILITY

Rain falling on a quiet evening
Walking hand in hand with the man I love
Watching the dog swim to retrieve her ball
Hearing my children laugh and play together

Listening to my dad's breathing as he sleeps
Hearing my mom say, "I love you Becc..."
Or laying my head on her lap and having her stroke my hair

Feeling the love of my sister
Having a nice conversation with one of my girlfriends
Or hearing that one of them is doing exceptionally well

Laying on my bed on a Sunday afternoon reading a good book
knowing the rest of my crew is doing the same
Watching a good football game
Or just hearing one in the background

Watering our trees
Mowing the lawn
Providing a nice smile for a stranger

Seeing a field of flowers
Smelling one.
Finding a bird's egg casing in the lawn
Seeing a field full of cattle with babies

A beautiful sunset
Or a majestic sunrise

Memories of my brother as children
Combing his hair
drawing pictures on his back with a rat tail comb
Him guessing what it is

Sitting here smiling
because the memories and list could go on and on...

5 comments:

Angela said...

Sounds so nice. I like those special moments.

Northern Michigan Mom said...

You always have such a beautiful smile on your face and your writing reflects it. I admire how positive and upbeat you always are! Thanks for sharing!

Ms. Skywalker said...

....Lying on my back on the hills where my heart lies buried, watching the sky as a thunder storm rolls in.

Tarasview said...

that was lovely, thanks for sharing it.

Elsie Button said...

oh how wonderful! lovely thoughts/memories (apart from watching/hearing a football match!)

You sound like a very happy soul! We need more people like you in this world! Yay!