Sunday, August 12, 2007

Pride

It is amazing to me how much you think you know as a child and how much you want to know as an adult.

This is a conversation Lance and I have had and I just draw energy from such a conversation.

Here is a man that is so well educated. Has worked in Washington DC, has worked for and met some very prestigious people, traveled to many destinations in this beautiful country of ours and knows SO much. Yet, at the same time is so incredibly noble and respectful and never judgemental.

I opted for an awesome opportunity with Northwest instead of the four year college opportuniy. I loved my choice and never looked back on it.

I was about to list all of the accomplishments that I have made in life, but Lance has taught me that this is an inner beauty. I have SO much to be proud of! More than some with a college degree could ever touch. As I sit here and reflect at what I have done and the money that I have helped to gross in my lifetime - it is amazing! Simply amazing!

Yes. I have a proud smile on my face and I am patting myself on the back. I am also reflecting on the pride I have for so many of the success stories I have read and know of. (With and without a degree)

Whatever road you have chosen in life, if you have a success story to share - share it. Be proud. Show our children that they too can do it!

I am all about a great education, but lets also teach them that hard work in the end is where the success and pride will lay.

PS) Northern Michigan Mom is in need of your help. http://www.northernmichiganmom.blogspot.com and

Jenn needs your prayers. http://www.iservethequeens.blogspot.com/

and I can't figure out how the whole link thing works :-)

God speed!

1 comment:

Northern Michigan Mom said...

You should be proud of yourself and everything you've done. I know that you are raising two amazing daughters and that in itself is enough to be proud of!