Friday, July 06, 2007

...HOME

I spent alot of time, as usual, out in the lawn working tonight. I love it out there. Everything smells so good, friendly people walking by, a neighbor will wave, another come to visit and say how incredible the lawn looks. That always makes me feel good! Lance and I have so much time and money invested in our landscaping.

It has been fun to do! We have planted arbs and rhodos, lillies, apple trees, birch, a magnolia tree... so much! Lance has placed so much mulch down - it is incredible! And with all of the fertilizer that I have put down and the weeding that K has done... it is all just amazing!

I guess I could say that it is sad, but not really. Maybe I'm a little envious. You see. The neighbors house down from us sold. A young couple moved out and another moved in. I watch all of the activity and hear all of the well wishers. "What a great house!" "Let me see this beautiful home of yours!" Young friends, elderly friends, so many people.

Lance and I have had just seven. My parents, my grandmother and her friend, A dear friend of Lance's from childhood and his bride and our beautiful, dear friend from across the street. That is all.

You see all of Lance's family and friends live at quite a distance and I suppose for others it may seem like a bit of a drive or they say that money is an issue. That is all well and fine, but I have to say when I here that they have gone here or there or done this or that and they know how often I am alone - it hurts. I try not to let it, but I want to share this beautiful gift that we have been given and that we work so hard for.

God has given us so much and we are extremely thankful for that.

I will continue to mow and weed and edge and do all of these little things that I enjoy, that make this "home" and I will find comfort in knowing that when Lance comes home he will be in awe of the beauty, just as I am, and we, together, will appreciate what few have come to enjoy.

2 comments:

Angela said...

There is something to be said for doing something for yourself. It is hard to make good friends.

Northern Michigan Mom said...

This is why I said I will just drive her to Alpena on Friday! I would love to see your place! :}