Thursday, July 19, 2007

ANOTHER GOOD-BYE

So much has happened since my last post.

My littlest girl chose to be a Bee that Friday night.

We returned home to tragic news. A family friend, the patriarch of the family's name we do not mention, passed away in a horrible motorcycle accident. Unfortunately, his wife and son were both riding behind him. She is terribly injured and their son has road rash, but they will both live.

He leaves behind SO much. So much it is amazing.

It is not the one that passes that I feel badly for, it is those left behind. The loss and the pain is so tremendous. It is never healed. It never goes away. It just gets buried. Buried until the wind blows and a piece of it gets exposed, until it is buried again. We pray that the storm doesn't hit, their lives are happy, and - that it is never completely revealed. That would not be safe for the survivors nor would it be fair to those surrounding them. Pray that the peace, once created, never be broken for them.

Let's think a minute about what the deceased are to look forward to:

1. complete peace forever
2. happiness
3. reunited with so many dear family members and friends that have passed before them

I think this is wonderful. This is perfect. This is what we all hope for!

I am comfortable with my mortality.

I hope you are as well.

God Speed, RS. I have never stopped loving you. I never will.

2 comments:

Angela said...

It is hard when loved ones are gone.

Ms. Skywalker said...

Hope you're doing better....

Not sure what other words I can offer.