Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Hormonal Surge

Life has been a little rough for me lately.

There are always bumps and high spots, but when it comes to the people closest to me I tend to have thinner skin. (Sorry My Love)
It's funny (not really) because I can laugh and be bubbly and then I come crashing down; like a boulder down the side of a mountain! Watch out!

I'm bubbly today. Flat out HAPPY.
So what gives!?!

Alright gals, I am not comfortable with this, but I think I need hormone treatment.
Seriously! I missed a period (NO! THAT IS NOT POSSIBLE!) and for 2 days this week I was insanely moody!

Now? Fine. Like nothing happened!
I hate it!

So, girlfriend to girlfriend- What do I do now?
I'm only 30 something!!!

2 comments:

Brenda said...

You sound way too young to be having to think about this. I'm 51 and in the big "M". Not fun. I can handle the hot flashes and sweats, and I don't seem to be having any problems with anger, but I do tend to get very melancholy. I'd rather not have to take HRT since it has side effects, but I miss my happy, even-keel self. No easy answers. I'm going to try and ride it out and hopefully it will blow over soon.

Not sure what to tell you about your situation though, since I don't know you at all! Hopefully, you just missed one period and you'll be back regular soon.

Southerner said...

If this is your first time I would not worry yet. I know of a lot of women that have strange cycles that are considered normal- like two periods in a month or 40 days between cycles. Watch and wait if it has not been going on. Don't you feel like a freak when you watch yourself go through mood cycles? You see it but can't stop yourself.