Wednesday, November 07, 2007

A Parents Agony

My music is playing in the background, Ellie is running around so happy I can hear her heart beating. The morning is cold and brisk and beautiful.

Peanuts oral procedure went well and is finally over.

It was so hard on her and as a parent I don't think I can go through it again. She was such a trooper but looked over at me as if to say, "Mumma, please don't let them hurt me. Please! I don't want to be here! Please!!! Tell them to stop!!!"

I knelt next to her holding her hand, my other on her little shoulder, begging God to let it be over, forcing my own tears of pain not to drip. "Please God please! I will never make her go through this again! Never! No matter what that orthodontist tells us! Never will my poor little baby sit in a chair and go through this again!"

The tears. The pain. The mental ache. Never again.

I'm so sorry Peanut.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Sorry you had to go through that. Luckily my children haven't had to have anything traumatic done..... yet.

Thanks for visiting my blog.

Angela said...

It sure isn't easy to see our children in pain or scared. Even for something as small as a shot

All we can do is protect them the best we can.