Friday, November 02, 2007

Reporting For Becc

Something to listen to as you read:



Wow! I can't believe it has been that long since Becc has blogged!

I'm sorry. She is out today so I will be blogging for her.

You see, she was laid off from her job on October 25th & her husband received a transfer to another city on October 27th (they just moved here in January). So, she is out job searching again and their home is up for sale by owner.

Call her selfish. Call her depressed. But I do not think she wants to do this again. It's like she is me, a robot, with a fake smile on her face trying to pretend that everything is okay. Don't get me wrong, this is a decision that they made together - they always do, but this time is different. For some reason she is not comfortable with it. Maybe it's the girls, maybe it's the anxiety of opening up their lives to others and letting them into their sanctuary. Maybe it's being alone again. I don't know.

But I want to scream for her,"Who is this for?!?" "Why are you doing this?" "She doesn't want to shovel snow and snow blow and take care of this house and the girls by herself, for God only knows how long!" "I don't want to have to protect us from that wacko across the street and the scary one next door! God knows Becc doesn't have the strength either!" "Who is going to protect them when a man comes to the door after dark or they have to go around the side of the garage to get in the truck at night?" "Who will hug her and tell her how amazing she is when she needs it the most, without her saying a word?"

I'm afraid. I'm afraid of what this is doing to her emotionally this time.

I can see that she misses him already.

As I read this, I want to slap myself. "Straightened up! My God! Get a grip on yourself! She can do it! She always does! She'll throw her shoulders back. Pick her head up and get to her damn interview, like she knows she has to!"

Pray for her folks.

1 comment:

Ms. Skywalker said...

Praying, sister, praying.