Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Awakening

We were at The Lodge this weekend with friends.

Peanut, now 12, stood in front of me as we waited for a water slide and I lost my breath! There stood my baby. My precious little girl - in a bikini. A beautiful white polka dot bikini. She looked stunning. A figure that somehow I have been blind to. Beautiful skin! Uh.

How could that happen? My precious little one.

Punky, I know. Her blue eyes shining- hair on top of her head- flowing blond- but Peanut... where did she go?

I was lucky enough to have been with my girls since they were born, but lately - obviously, not seeing them as they stand right in front of me.

Is this so? Is this how it happens?

Last night we cuddled in our bed playing games- my baby once again.
Punky,at the door, home from the gym. Beautiful and glowing.

Just the way it should be.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You're making me really sad. Everyday I see my baby girl do new things and I think it won't be long until I won't be able to cuddle and kiss. I'm glad I'm staying at home now. I don't want to miss a thing. Thanks for the reminder about how fast they grow up.

Unknown said...

I do this all the time. I am on my husband's account. I am posting as me, Tami from muddlin thru motherhood.

Angela said...

Boy time sure does fly.